Who i am: I'm a guitar tech, working out of a fairly big music store. I've been doing this for about 6 years, and I learned the trade on the job, under the gun, from a couple of guys who have been doing this for a long friggin' time. My goal here is to shed some light on the trade, but also to bring a dose of truth and reality to Internet, regarding guitar repairs. When I say "guitar repairs", I'm actually referring to most stringed instruments (with the exception of pianos and classical instruments). There's a whole lot of bull out there, mostly written by people who don't know what they're talking about. Just like owning a car doesn't make you a mechanic, owning a guitar doesn't mean you're qualified to diagnose and repair problems. I don't mean to sound condescending, but it's the same as in in any profession.
The scariest thing about the musical instrument business, is that there's nobody regulating the information that's out there. What this means is that companies can tell you pretty much anything they want, regardless of how true it is. Scary, huh? It's every man for himself, out there. As an insider, I'd like to help give you the right information, and turn you into a responsible and informed instrument owner.
Feel free to ask me questions, or suggest topics you'd like to read about. I'll do my best to answer, and I promise to be honest. With that, welcome to my blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment